Thursday, April 21, 2011

Studio Envy

Yes, it's true.  I have a bad case of studio envy!  It's hard not to with all the brightly colored, beautifully decorated, and organizational heaven work spaces.  I'm amazed that they have a place to call their own...what a novel idea!

While I do have a dedicated workspace (read: 5 ft long counter space in only a 10x8 room), it's hard to be a creative genius with the washer & dryer taunting me all day.  That's right, I share my space with my most despised chore...it's rather ironic now that I think about it.  Although I may be "in the laundry room" I can promise you that there is little laundry going on in there!  Not only that, but it's the room with the only door to our backyard, so there's always someone brushing by me, knocking something out of my hand, nudging something off of the countertops.  There's no door to keep "wandering eyes" out...but that's not always a bad thing.  I love nothing more than one of my children or even my husband strolling in, and asking me to slide down on the bench so they can sit and watch/play/poke/drop/ my current work.  It's the first place my husband and kids look for me when they come home.  It's where I feel most at home.

So, until my home sprouts an additional room, or until a couple of children are grown and moved on...I'm happy with my little place in the universe!  But....it doesn't stop the drool from short circuiting my keyboard while daydreaming!

Here are just a few blogs/pages that I tend to virtually studio stalk...errr visit

Studio Waterstone

Kab's Creative Concepts

Lori Anderson

Clay & Glass Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment