Sunday, April 24, 2011

Exhausted Ramblings

First, and foremost....HAPPY EASTER!!!  I hope the Easter Bunny was good to all of you!!



It's been a long day here.  We painted.  No, not Easter Eggs...I wish!!  I despise painting, whether it be walls, or in our case today, new displays.  The little kids are with their Dad, so it was the perfect opportunity to get a few mundane chores out of the way before The Heart of Virginia Festival, May 7th.  After careful consideration, I went with bright colors to coordinate with our newly designed business cards.  Maybe I'm biased, but I absolutely love them!!!  I've got to give kudos to my husband, he was up and out building them by 8 a.m. this morning (I'm sure the neighbors were loving us...karma baby)!!  I'd love to show them to ya, but you'll have to wait until after the show...but only to give you the full effect! :)  To only confirm my color choices were right on target (I'm known for second guessing myself), I happened upon a gorgeous glass bowl that will be to die for with the displays yesterday while out stock piling (hoarding is such a negative term) my favorite Ghirardelli Chocolate Raspberry coffee...fate is a beautiful thing, my friends!

Also while in the big city, we sought out a "new to us" bead store.  If you're ever in the Richmond area check out Fandangle Beads.  They had a great eclectic selection, and both Chris & I had no trouble losing ourselves for an hour or more once inside.  I however was a good girl, and only snagged some sari silk.  But they are on my to-do list for after the show!


The grand opening of trend. last Friday went extremely well!  Yay Kim Moody!!!  She's worked so incredibly hard, and deserves every accolade she receives!  You can find my work, along with many other talented artisans, and an array of trendy (imagine that)boutique items there!! 



Kim is not only a new boutique owner, but also a talented interior designer and an amazing wedding/event coordinator!! 


108 North Main St., Blackstone, VA  23824
434-292-5000


No comments:

Post a Comment