How can one date on the calendar invoke so many emotions?
I'd never felt contentment and peace until July 31st, and yet exactly a year later I never knew just how much a heart could break.
I gained a best friend, and lost one...all on the same wretched date.
Our Wedding Song - Remember When - Alan Jackson
I never realized how true the words were...
Most days, I just wish I could completely erase this date from the calendar forever, July should only have 30 days! But in the end I know it wouldn't change the outcome. I've realized everything truly is balanced in life.
For every laugh, there's ultimately a tear that's yet to fall, and, for every moment of happiness, there is tragedy waiting just around the bend.
It took me 30 years to learn a few things:
1. Don't let words and feelings go unspoken, you just might not have tomorrow (or another 5 minutes) to express them.
2. Give thank-yous, hugs, kisses. Apologize and forgive when needed, or you'll regret it for the rest of life (trust me on this).
3. Let your guard down and let those who care in every once in awhile, being tough doesn't get you anywhere (ok, I haven't learned this yet).
4. Leave behind more than you took from this world.
5. Life does go on. You may not like it, and it definitely will never be the same, and often you'll wonder how the world hasn't come to a screeching halt. Tomorrow the sun will rise...with or without your blessing.
6. But most importantly, just love. This world is too short for ugliness, arguing, cold shoulders and vindictive acts.
These are the lessons I've learned in the past 7 years...as much as I wasn't ready to learn most of them...
Happy 8th anniversary Christopher! - July 31st, 2004
Still missing you Momma! - April 9th, 1946 - July 31st, 2005
*Looking to enter the Art Bead Love Tour? Click HERE!!
Today is the first reveal of Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party!!! Lori's "bead baby" has become SO huge the reveals have been broken down in to 3 groups!! Because Lori's awesome like that, and didn't want to leave anyone out! Really. She's a doll on SO many levels!
Just remember to come back August 11th for my reveal...where my husband's comments included (but are not limited to) "Are you freaking serious?" "Remind me to walk 10 paces behind you when you wear that!" "Baby (he NEVER uses my name), are you frustrated with life in general?" I got a little "creative"...the same old, same old...just gets old!!
The Art Bead Love Tour is an ongoing project to spread the love of handmade to new and exciting places. It’s a way to reach people who may have never stumbled upon your blog on their own, and give them a chance to share the love of handmade. A chain was chosen to link beads as a symbol of how this project links us all together~ in our unity to stand behind handmade.
Here is how the chain looked when I received it today:
The winner of the chain will be allowed to take up to 30 beads from this chain. They will then replace each bead they took, with another handmade bead, charm or pendant of equal quality.
(PLEASEremember -- you are not winning the ENTIRE chain -- just a chance to take some beads from it.)
Here's what I selected...not with the help from my 4 children, or my tiny Shih Tzu...but from my sweet husband...who was VERY vocal about which ones he wanted to use on his vintage silverware bracelets!
Just for giggles...can you guess what he picked to use and what I chose?
How did he end up with more picks than me?? All I have to say is he better keep his eye on "the house!!" It's as good as mine!!! :)
I was raised "to give more than you take", and my Momma would have my behind if I didn't add more than I took...so I added just a few more:
**I apologize for the crappy photography! Blogger ate my post 3 times, and by that point I wasn't going to tempt fate and try and go back out and retake the photos!!!
There's a lot to read, but it's really important!!!!
It is so important that the quality of the beads be maintained, so we can keep the Art Bead Love Tour alive. We want to share consistent quality with the next winner. If you make your own handmade beads or components, it’s a great way to get your beads into the world for people to try them out, or, if you hoard collect art beads, it’s a great way to share your collection and get some new additions as well.
(Art Beads should be handmade by an artist, and not mass produced, such as Hill Tribes Silver beads or others like them).
Remember, the focus is on creating handmade with handmade and beads/components taken should be replaced with beads/components that are made by an individual not an organization.
1. The winner of the chain will be allowed to take up to 30 beads from this chain. They will then replace each bead they took, with another handmade bead, charm or pendant of equal quality.
2. The winner will post pictures of what was taken and what was added, in order to keep an account of the chains progress and to keep our followers drooling. Please be sure to give credit to the bead artists as well (if you know them).
3. The winner will then have a giveaway, just like this one, to keep passing the chain on and on. Rules can be copied and pasted from here.
4. When you repost your giveaway (remember you can copy and paste from here) - a list should be added to show where the chain has gone, with links to each previous blog.Ultimately, this will end up being a very long list!
5. Chain must be shipped to its new home via Priority Small Flat Rate box with delivery confirmation. Please package it carefully.
6. There will be a button on the Love My Art Jewelry Website that links to the current blog and giveaway- so if you have the chain, it will link to your blog, that way our followers can have another chance to win it.
7. You MUST exchange your beads and have your giveaway completed within two weeks of receiving the chain.
PLEASE, if you can not adhere to the above rules, do not enter the giveaway at this time. (It will go on and on and you can always enter at a later date.) There will be a button on the side bar of our blog so that you can track where the chain currently is.
HERE'S HOW TO ENTER
1. You must have a blog to enter.
2. Leave a comment below (make sure your email is linked to your blog or leave it in the comment. Entries without emails will not qualify)
3. Share on Facebook, Twitter or your blog for extra chances to win. Leave a comment for each way you share, with a link if possible.
4. Winner will pay shipping and will be billed through PayPal - small priority flat rate box with delivery confirmation, $6.00.
5. Open only to our readers in the United States- due to problems with tracking and shipping overseas (sorry).
There's not much to do in our tiny little town, so today my oldest, my youngest and I traveled to a little known secret ...Yogaville.
Where, settled amongst farmland, down a winding back road, and against The Blue Ridge Mountains in rural Buckingham county, VA this suddenly appears...
As you drive down a VERY narrow...almost scary little road set back in the woods, about the time you are seriously contemplating turning around (think "The Hills Have Eyes" type road) this comes in to view....
LOTUS - Light of Truth Universal Shrine
Where all major religions are welcomed and honored - A close up of LOTUS
Entrance to the LOTUS
Side view of the entrance
You can read more about Yogaville, LOTUS, and coexistence HERE
We plan on going back in the fall...
Awesome day with my girlies, which ended with where we found our own version of truth and enlightenment...
Sweet Frog in Farmville, VA
Yes...there REALLY is a town with that name...approximately 20 miles from us.
Great day with my adventurous girls, who will one day gather during the holidays and say to each other "You remember that time our "cracked" Momma took us to the huge pink lotus building in the middle of freaking nowhere?..."
I'm such a slacker! Lori Anderson's 6th Bead Soup Blog Party is in full swing...and I'm just getting around to introducing my partner Jenni Connolly of Melbourne Australia! Jenni creates completely amazing lampwork beads...take a look for yourself:
Love the colors!
A few of Jenni's bezels! One day I will learn to create these!
I love these!
A previous BSBP mix sent by Jenni
Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of what I sent Jenni...told you I was a slacker...I completely forgot! But please come back on August 11th and see all of our Bead Soup creations!