Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm Not Getting Back Out of the Bed Again Today!!

Broken toe...what a way to start the week off!  Who knew a little toe fracture could hurt so darn much?  Oww!  I've already banged it again and dropped the box of Splenda on it this morning...figures.  I'm waving the white flag and retreating back to my bed for the rest of the day!

I have lots of crochet projects to finish, but my new soy yarn keeps whispering my name from it's hiding spot in the corner...so much for "out of sight, out of mind" theory.   Let's see if I have the will power to block the temptation and finish the 7 sets of fingerless gloves I have started (don't think there's a huge demand for singles) but never finished.

And while I'm sitting still (that rarely happens) I couldn't help but wander over to Etsy to peruse the yummy crocheted wares!

Japanese lace crochet pattern from Kakaeight


As much as I'd love to crochet an afghan, my ADD tendencies would get in the way.
Beautiful!!  Wool n Hook


My youngest would LOVE this owl purse pattern from Angels Chest


And how adorable is this viking hat from Heather's Things?


I want this!!!!  MODA Crochet


Ok...time to stop procrastinating and work on mates for gloves!




3 comments:

  1. Oh those are lovely! I saw a beautiful scarf on etsy the other day. The stitch was called "wavelength" Ever heard of it? It was really cool. Use some corn pads and stick them all over the toe for bumper pads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look up the "wavelength" stitch. I've never used it, but I'm not exactly a pro when it comes to crochet! So far today I haven't bumped my toe again...but that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that scarf is gorgeous!...and those owly purses....poor toe that is the worst I broke my pinky toe once and hit it about 20 more times afterwards - it was like a torture magnet! : (

    ReplyDelete