Thursday, October 27, 2011

Humbled.

That's the first word that comes to mind tonight.  Along with fortunate, heartsick, blessed, determined, and awed.  The search for Robert Wood, Jr. continues tonight...sadly, he hasn't been found yet...

The outpouring of volunteers (over 1200 not including professional searchers, law enforcement, dog handlers, FBI, etc)...whether they were searching, donating food, or attending the nightly vigils, are truly awe inspiring.  The love, and the need to help bring a child back home to their family, brought us all out to search.

The terrain was intense (and we're avid hikers) to say the least, we encountered swamps, snakes and so many thorns and thickets that I think I'll be picking them out of my skin for days...but none of that mattered.  You heard no complaints, no whining and absolutely no negativity!!

I took a few pictures, but I'm too exhausted and emotionally drained to post them tonight....so I'll leave you with these....



















I also learned that more women than men, were willing to tough it out, crawl on their bellies, spend hours raking through leaves, and would have stayed there all night if allowed...because we know the ache his mother feels.  

Finally, as I walked out the woods this afternoon in tears that we had failed....I realized I was with my daughter, and my younger children were safe at home.  She came home with me tonight....both of us, never will forget this day...no matter where we are, or where we go...we have this day.

...This little boy needs a miracle...his mother's arms are empty tonight...















1 comment:

  1. I am so so glad this little boy was found and everyones prayers were answered!

    ReplyDelete