Yesterday was my Mom's birthday. Usually, as expected, I'm in a numb state. Yesterday however I decided to put my energy in to something worthwhile instead. Basically this is my first attempt at any assemblage type jewelry. Everything on it has personal and sentimental meaning to me.
1. Watch face: was my Mom's but the band was broken beyond repair.
2. Pennies: I dapped are my children's birth years.
3. Mother of pearl buttons: are a recent find that came out of my husband's grandmother's sewing box.
4. Photograph was my maternal grandparents wedding day. I printed a copy, then adhered it to a pressboard cutout.
5. Stamped brass oval: July 31st is our wedding date, but also the day my Mom passed away.
6. Hummingbird: When my Mom fell ill we moved her hummingbird feeder to where she could see it. She never saw a single one. The day she passed away there were at least 15-20 that kept coming to feed.
7. Sterling frozen charlotte: My mom owned a daycare, and I made a mold of one of my charlottes, then made this little charm out of PMC (my first ever using silver clay).
All hand forged copper, soldered copper flowers, mother of pearl beads, and vintage crystals and rhinestone rondelles.
I've made another necklace, as well as a brooch, but they are part of my Flap Your Wings challenge...so come back Saturday to see their reveal!!