Today would have been my Mom's 66th birthday. I'm a little peeved that she's not here for me to give her hell about that! <- Sometimes you have to find the humor in things in order to chase away the tears.
We saw each other every single day. The last words we spoke each day were simply "I'll talk to you tomorrow." They were the last words I left her with the day before....when her tomorrow never came. I didn't let that little detail stop me. They were the last words I spoke to her at her funeral. They are the last words I tell her now...still every day. She hated goodbyes. Loathed them...and it's something that we NEVER told each other. How lucky am I to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye to?
2445 days is a long time. That's 6 years, 8 months, and 10 days without her. I thought I was an adult. A big girl...how wrong I was!
- If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been. ~Robert Brault
- To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.
- Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. ~Ambrose Bierce
- The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. ~Honoré de Balzac
My Mom is the blonde
- I cannot forget my mother. She is my bridge. When I needed to get across, she steadied herself long enough for me to run across safely. ~Renita Weems
- All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. ~Abraham Lincoln