Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back From the Land of the Lost

I'm such a horrible blogger...the holidays just made it that much worse for slackers like myself!  There's nothing like sleeping in, working on my own schedule (yeah, that didn't happen in the past two weeks), and taking naps at my leisure (these happened ALOT), but sadly, all good things must come to an end!  With my gaggle of kids back to the books (and yes I did a happy dance and contemplated popping open a bottle of bubbly), I suppose I must clear the cobwebs out of my studio and my mind and get back to a schedule....and oh how I hate a schedule!  I live life "calendar free"...honestly, I despise being all date planner organized...I threw that in the trash when I fell off the corporate ladder.



I've also ventured on to a new obsession...reconstructing/upcycling clothing into new garments with shabby/boho flair.  I'll admit that I really was only looking for an excuse to buy (hoard) vintage lace, crochet and other bobbles from the antique mall we frequent on the weekends.  Thankfully, I haven't sewn through my hand yet (and yep...I've done it before), which equates to success in my book!  No pictures just yet, as it's absolutely FREEZING in my neck of the woods!!



With the new year, comes new commitments, and resolutions...I'm not big on those either by the way!  I did promise myself to lose the 10 lbs that happened to find me sometime during the holidays.  I even ate the last of the chocolate pie last night so I wouldn't keep getting up and eating a slice as a nightly midnight snack.  Who's brilliant idea was it to buy 4 pies for Christmas?  That would be the Mr....darn him...I don't see it hanging around on his hips!!!



I've also got to be a little more organized...my "studio" space is shared with my husband, and also doubles as our laundry/mud room.  Organization is not my strong point...I gave that up as soon as I had more than one child...but it's a complete DISASTER in there!!

But, despite all of the above...my biggest commitment this year is to simply...



1 comment:

  1. Oh how I can relate to your post! :-) I definitely enjoyed my share of pie over the holidays and thens some. Needless to say, we are going to finally buy a treadmill for me - never had one before. :-) My house is a bit of a disaster too, and it's an up hill battle cleaning with 4 boys running around! I love the photos throughout your blog post - especially the one about the old earrings still fitting! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete