Photos of our booth at The Heart of Virginia Festival this past weekend. Please excuse the shoddy photography. I was snapping quickly, so I could finish setting up!
Hadn't quite finished setting up when my husband proceeded to wallop his head on the corner of my sign. It was promptly relocated to a safer location...it's position in the picture. While not the best spot to advertise...it was better than Chris knocking some sense into him all day!
Still not finished setting up...
I've got to do something about the sheerness of my table coverings...
Now...after alot of thought...here is my PERSONAL review on the festival...take it for what it's worth.
1. The crowd was great! We received compliments hand over fist throughout the day...not only for our products, but also for our booth presentation. After quickly perusing other vendors later in the day, it seems that most just didn't care about their first impression.
2. It seemed that although this was classified as a "juried" show, that rule didn't apply to some. While I don't have any issues with non juried shows, please make me privy to that beforehand, and may I suggest a separate section for them?
3. Evidently it was bad form for me to introduce myself to neighboring vendors...non jewelry at that...who knew?
4. Music and activities kept the crowd hopping, and upbeat...we had a to die for space directly across from one of the stages, and they kept us entertained the whole day!
5. Wooden pop guns should be banned. End. Of. Story! This also includes said pop gun vendors! :)
6. I despise my tent! :) LOL! It is the first thing on my list to be replaced!! It's not that it's hard to put up, it just gives me a complex that I akin to not keeping up with high school fashion.
All in all, I had a great day! Profit wasn't what I expected, but I learned a lot, and had a great time!!