Monday, May 23, 2011

Sand

Any other May I'd be thinking of warm, sandy beaches and lazy summer days just on the horizon...this year, sand holds a completely different definition!  Oh, how often we allow time to just pass us by?  Never on purpose, and never foreseeing what the future holds, nor do we even have an inkling that the sand is steadily slipping through that hourglass.  While we take every chance available to spend time with our children, and relish in the childish laughter, giggling, funny faces, their point of views, their outlook on the world, accomplishments and good night hugs and kisses; I'm here to tell you IT'S NOT LONG ENOUGH!!!!

Saturday marks the high school graduation of our eldest daughter.  Our first born...the one we made all the "first time parent" mistakes with, swearing that it wouldn't happen again!  I swore she'd be graduating with a pacifier still plugged in her mouth!  How could have18 years simply passed me by?  When did all of this happen?  I swear I only looked away for a second!  The last thing I remember I was  dropping her off for her first day of kindergarten...yet come Saturday, I'll have a high school graduate on her way to VCU!



Who do I need to call to stop this insanity?  I swear she's still wet behind the ears, and I'm suppose to release her to the hounds of this world come August?  One thing's for certain...we both have a lot to learn about letting go and learning how to fly!

Saturday will be here all too soon for one of us (and it isn't her!) and while I know she's worked hard and is excited about starting a new chapter in her life, I'm still stuck back on the introduction page...and I like it here!  While many see a bright, young lady, ready to move forward, I still see the two year old who still needed and wanted me there for everything. So, please excuse my blogging absence for the next few days while I cram in all the should haves, could haves and would haves...before my sand starts running out!


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to be writing a graduation post later tonight!

    ReplyDelete