The Art Bead Love Tour is an ongoing project to spread the love of handmade to new and exciting places. It’s a way to reach people who may have never stumbled upon your blog on their own, and give them a chance to share the love of handmade. A chain was chosen to link beads as a symbol of how this project links us all together~ in our unity to stand behind handmade.
Here is how the chain looked when I received it today:
The winner of the chain will be allowed to take up to 30 beads from this chain. They will then replace each bead they took, with another handmade bead, charm or pendant of equal quality.
(PLEASE remember -- you are not winning the ENTIRE chain -- just a chance to take some beads from it.)
Here's what I selected...not with the help from my 4 children, or my tiny Shih Tzu...but from my sweet husband...who was VERY vocal about which ones he wanted to use on his vintage silverware bracelets!
Just for giggles...can you guess what he picked to use and what I chose?
How did he end up with more picks than me?? All I have to say is he better keep his eye on "the house!!" It's as good as mine!!! :)
I was raised "to give more than you take", and my Momma would have my behind if I didn't add more than I took...so I added just a few more:
Ceramic bird clasp: Pajego Art House
Copper "eye" lampwork lentil pair: OdieBells Designs
Mint green & ivory lampwork round: BIMS Bangles
Golem daisy & red/black/white lentils: Golem
Green/gold lampwork earring pair: Silverfish Designs
Green swirl lampwork lentil: OdieBells Designs
Faux turquoise horse polymer clay charm: Tree Wings Studio
And some of my own work:
An array of polymer clay floral charms, pendant, beads & Copper flower stamped connector, earring pairs (from my own mold) and sea urchin charm.
And these last 2 just came off of the work bench today...a new style for me:
Periwinkle polymer clay floral connector, and copper polymer clay lentil bead.
**I apologize for the crappy photography! Blogger ate my post 3 times, and by that point I wasn't going to tempt fate and try and go back out and retake the photos!!!
There's a lot to read, but it's really important!!!!
It is so important that the quality of the beads be maintained, so we can keep the Art Bead Love Tour alive. We want to share consistent quality with the next winner. If you make your own handmade beads or components, it’s a great way to get your beads into the world for people to try them out, or, if you hoard collect art beads, it’s a great way to share your collection and get some new additions as well.
(Art Beads should be handmade by an artist, and not mass produced, such as Hill Tribes Silver beads or others like them).
Remember, the focus is on creating handmade with handmade and beads/components taken should be replaced with beads/components that are made by an individual not an organization.
Take a look where the chain has been:
Here's where the chain has been:
...and now me!
Here's how it works:
(Please read the entire post before entering).
1. The winner of the chain will be allowed to take up to 30 beads from this chain. They will then replace each bead they took, with another handmade bead, charm or pendant of equal quality.
2. The winner will post pictures of what was taken and what was added, in order to keep an account of the chains progress and to keep our followers drooling. Please be sure to give credit to the bead artists as well (if you know them).
3. The winner will then have a giveaway, just like this one, to keep passing the chain on and on. Rules can be copied and pasted from here.
4. When you repost your giveaway (remember you can copy and paste from here) - a list should be added to show where the chain has gone, with links to each previous blog.Ultimately, this will end up being a very long list!
5. Chain must be shipped to its new home via Priority Small Flat Rate box with delivery confirmation. Please package it carefully.
6. There will be a button on the Love My Art Jewelry Website that links to the current blog and giveaway- so if you have the chain, it will link to your blog, that way our followers can have another chance to win it.
7. You MUST exchange your beads and have your giveaway completed within two weeks of receiving the chain.
PLEASE, if you can not adhere to the above rules, do not enter the giveaway at this time. (It will go on and on and you can always enter at a later date.) There will be a button on the side bar of our blog so that you can track where the chain currently is.
HERE'S HOW TO ENTER
1. You must have a blog to enter.
2. Leave a comment below (make sure your email is linked to your blog or leave it in the comment. Entries without emails will not qualify)
3. Share on Facebook, Twitter or your blog for extra chances to win. Leave a comment for each way you share, with a link if possible.
4. Winner will pay shipping and will be billed through PayPal - small priority flat rate box with delivery confirmation, $6.00.
5. Open only to our readers in the United States- due to problems with tracking and shipping overseas (sorry).
ENTRIES WILL CLOSE ON JULY 30th, 2012
AND WINNER WILL BE DRAWN
JULY 31st, 2012