...Not as I do. My mom wore that phrase out while I was growing up. Of course, I never took anything away from this wise tidbit of knowledge my Mom was trying so desperately to beat into my head!! Hopefully y'all are quicker learners than myself!
- Trying to drill through anything with a bead reamer, only results in a slew of colorful (although creative) curse words...oh, and a hole through your palm! I can not tell you how many dozens of times I've done the above, with the exact same results...
- 10 days before Christmas isn't the best time to realize that you had better start your Christmas shopping. Especially if you happen to have 4 children. NOT looking forward to this weekend of marathon shopping!
- It's Murphy's Law that if you are able to "have a lie in" (sleep in) you can guarantee that the dog will begin his schizophrenic barking episodes by 6 a.m., or as luck would have it, a work crew shows up to begin repairs on the neighbor's home...right outside your bedroom window. If you're as lucky as I am...both simultaneously!
- A family of 6 can not consume 6 gifted barrels of cheese balls in a 3 months...it goes against the law of physics!
- Etsy seems like a stellar idea until you have to photograph a single bracelet 739283 times before the photography gods take pity upon you and grant you a single acceptable picture.
- A man can sleep on a couch with the TV & surround sound blaring, with referenced work crew noise, paranoid canine barking, four children threatening loving endearments of fast approaching bodily harm, smoke detector bleeping because you had to hold a quick session of Peoples' Court to prevent sibling homicide, and the doorbell chiming like Westminster Abbey, but be prepared to have to read lips if he happens to fall asleep in bed "because he can't sleep with the TV so loud" Volume level 4.
- Trying to find cheap white Christmas tree lights is a task that should only be attempted by Sherlock Holmes, and blue lights are NOT attractive or festive!
There you have it my friends...today's list of what NOT to do...stay tuned, I'm sure there will be many more installments to come!