Psssst: If you're looking for my Bead Soup creation...it's in the previous post!
Day 1 of Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Hop: Wow!! I've been able to visit approximately 1/2 of the blogs today, and with each new blog, I'm nothing short of amazed at the soup mixes sent/received, the talent, the creativity and craftsmanship of my fellow hoppers. I honestly can't begin to pick a favorite...every single piece created has a uniqueness all it's own!
I always try to take something away from every experience...the good ones (in this case) and also the bad (too many to count!) and here's what I've learned so far:
1. Having someone pick out what you will base your creation around is a completely foreign concept to almost all of us! Whether we create our own beads & components, or prefer to purchase we're still making the choice...take personal choice away...and well, you have 362 people scratching their heads for quite some time! :)
2. Every piece I've viewed today is completely different...further proving that each one of us is an unique individual...yet we all share a bond of beads/jewelry. Something as simple as that brought us all together, where nothing about our differences mattered...maybe we should encourage Congress to start their own Bead Soup party?
3. The encouraging comments, thoughts & accolades make me proud to be a part of this community. I know all too well the feeling of not "being good enough" at times...and the inspiring comments I read today could just be the little lift someone needed...myself included!
4. Lampwork artisans still amaze me!!
5. As well as the intriguing work of bead weavers!! I have little experience with seed beads (mostly limited to picking them off of the floor, after dropping more than I've strung)...I can't imagine the hours that go in to these tiny works of art!
6. Visiting all 362 blogs in a weekend was just a pipe dream of mine...nothing more! I got way too side tracked reading more than just "The Soup" blogs...story of my life! Of course having 4 kids, a silverware bending husband, and the world's most needy dog stuck inside on a rainy day wasn't much help!
7. Lori Anderson deserves some type of medal, to be knighted or the like! :)
8. I drank way too many cups of coffee...could be the reason why I'm still blog hopping 18 hours later...please Lord don't let the kids wake up before noon!
9. I should of explained my work in a more detailed description...I was just too eager to start my trip around the world! I know we were encouraged to dig deep into our own stash for complimenting accents for our pieces, but I didn't want a piece that was more me, than my partner! I want to look at my necklace and be reminded of Tari...therefore, I left it simple.
10. After the said 18 hours, I have deleted more of this post than I will end up posting...and I need to back away...especially when I can't even string a coherent sentence together!