Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sweet Bead Studio - Button Swap

I signed up for Cindy Wimmer's Button Swap Blog Hop just a few days ago.  Talk about putting the cart before the horse!  I don't collect buttons, nor do I have any except the generic "sewing" type button...and those just don't grab my attention...but I signed up anyway, because I needed an excuse to head to our local antique consignment shop!

After thinking about it for a while, I decided I could make my own buttons to swap.  Not my typical florals either.  I had an idea a while back, but never got around to it...until today!  I wish I could show them to you, but you'll have to wait just a little longer ((sorry)))!!!  I can't wait to be notified who I've been paired up with, and exchange our buttons!  Did I mention I've never made jewelry with buttons before either...maybe I'll find another creative spark and dream up another useful way to use my buttons?

May 13th is the reveal day...Mother's Day...but it's also my birthday!  I'll be 22 AGAIN! :)



If you'd like to join us, head on over to Cindy's blog and sign up...there's just a few days left to sign up to join in the fun!!

Here's just a little more info:


Button Swap * Blog Hop

  • Sign ups are open from March 20 to March 25th. Anyone with a blog is welcome to join!  The Button Swap is open to international participants.  If you prefer not to ship internationally, please indicate this when signing up.  Simply leave a comment on thispost to sign up.  Please be sure to provide your email in the sign-up form.

  • I will match up partners by March 30th.  Once you receive your partner, please feel free to contact them.  You can share preferences about buttons types if you wish.

  • Select four buttons for your blog partner and mail them by April 20th. What kind of buttons should you send?  Please choose four quality buttons – they do not need to be expensive.  It would be great if at least one was a “special” button in some way – maybe handmade, vintage, or one with a special meaning.  The buttons do not need to be a set.  I’ve posted a few examples in this post.  Once you receive your buttons, blogging about them is optional.

  • Create something with your buttons – you can use all of the buttons or just one.  Your finished piece should include at least one button from the swap.   You can think outside the box and make anything – it does not have to be jewelry!  I made an altered clipboard in the last button swap – you can see the reveal post here.

  • The Blog Hop will start on Sunday, May 13th, 2012.  *(This happens to be Mother’s Day…but it was just so hard to find the “perfect” date).   Please share your button swap creation, and the Swap participant link list on this date.   This date may seem far off, but there are many hops coming up and I also have a few personal deadlines between now and then.  This should give everyone plenty of time to participate.

    Any questions?  Please send me an email!


4 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I signed up because it sounded like so much fun, but the only buttons I have are ones I bought for sewing several years ago. I'll have to see if I can find some in the consignment shops or something. I'm sure we'll have fun, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you! Can't wait to see the buttons you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in! I have some kicky buttons !
    Shanti
    shantifla@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make your own buttons! Brilliant idea!! I was rummaging through my "very" small stash of buttons and was disappointed that I didn't have anything special to swap... I'll just have to make some! Thanks for the inspiration! :-)

    Looking forward to seeing your buttons!

    ReplyDelete